Center Street Securities and Center Street Advisors (together, “Center Street Securities, Inc”) respect your privacy and is committed to protecting it at all times. This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use and safeguard your personal information.
Effective Date: March 31, 2023
2 International Plaza, #301 Nashville, TN 37217
AN IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT CLIENT PRIVACY
Protecting your privacy is a top priority of Center Street Securities, Inc. We value the confidence you have placed in us and are committed to ensuring that the client information we maintain about you is safeguarded.
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) explains how Center Street Securities, Inc companies collect, share and protect your personal information. This Notice also gives you valuable information on the choices you have about how we use your personal information. Please read this Notice carefully to understand what we do.
Information We Collect About You
We may collect the following types of non-public personal information about you from the following sources:
- information we receive from you on applications or other forms when you open an account or register for one of our products or services (such as your name, address, Social Security number, phone number, email address, assets, income, financial goals, investment objectives);
- information about your transactions with us (such as your account balance, payment history, parties to transactions, health care information, claims history and use of products and services); and
- information we receive from a consumer reporting agency (such as your creditworthiness and credit history).
We call all of the personal information described above and elsewhere in this Notice “Client Information.”
Confidentiality and Security of Client Information
We restrict access to nonpublic Client Information to those persons who need to know that information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your Client Information. We will not sell your Client Information to anyone.
Use of Client Information
We use Client Information for: (1) our everyday business purposes, such as processing transactions, maintaining your account, reporting to credit bureaus, providing financial advice, verifying your identity and fulfilling legal and regulatory obligations; (2) our marketing purposes, namely to offer our products and services to you; and (3) joint marketing with other companies.
Disclosure of Client Information to Outside Companies
We may share Client Information with outside companies and other third parties in limited circumstances:
- to help us process transactions for your account;
- to service your account or perform other business functions on our behalf, such as mail and print services;
- when disclosure is required or permitted by law. For example, we may be required to disclose Client Information to cooperate with law enforcement and regulatory authorities, to resolve client disputes and to perform credit checks and authentication procedures to prevent fraud; and
- when we enter into a joint marketing agreement with another financial institution to provide financial products and services that we believe may be of benefit to you.
When we share Client Information with outside companies or third parties, we require them to safeguard this information and only use it for the agreed upon purpose.
If you close an account, your account becomes inactive or you are no longer a client, we will continue to treat and safeguard your Client Information as described in this Notice.
Center Street Securities, Inc. Companies
The Center Street Securities, Inc brand represents the wide variety of financial products and services available from the Center Street Securities, Inc companies. More information is available from your financial advisor or on our website: www.centerstreetsecurities.com.
How We Safeguard Your Information
Center Street Securities, Inc realizes how important security is to you, so we’ve taken a number of steps to enhance the protection of personal or confidential information sent to, or from Center Street Securities, Inc. First, we require that a “secure session” be established, using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Technology and 256-bit encryption. This is done any time you supply or access personal or confidential information in one of our secure online areas. SSL Technology creates a private conversation that only your computer and Center Street Securities, Inc systems can understand. The SSL Technology encodes information as it is being sent over the Internet between your computer and Center Street Securities, Inc systems, helping to ensure that the transmitted information remains confidential. The use of SSL requires two components: an SSL-compatible browser and a Web server to perform the “key-exchange” that establishes a secure connection to Center Street Securities, Inc Web server systems. In addition, all of our secure sites require that your browser support 256-bit encryption.
In order to securely access your personal information via our website, you will need the latest browser version available with SSL and 256-bit encryption capabilities.
Many areas of the site require the use of a user ID and password as an additional security measure that helps protect your confidential information. This allows Center Street Securities, Inc to verify who you are, thereby allowing you access to your account information, and preventing unauthorized access.
When you have finished using a secure area of Center Street Securities, Inc, make sure you always click on the “Log Out” link which appears on the top of every secure page. When you click on it, no further secure transactions can be conducted without re-entering your user ID and password. This also helps prevent unauthorized access to your account if you walk away from your computer.
You should be aware that browser software often “caches” a page as you look at it, meaning that some pages are saved in your computer’s temporary memory. Therefore, you may find that clicking on your “Back” button shows you a saved version of a previously viewed page. Caching in no way affects the security of your confidential user ID or password. If you use a computer in a public place to access your account information, simply quit/exit the browser software before leaving to minimize the possibility of anyone else viewing your confidential information.
In order to bring you the online products and services offered on www.centerstreetsecurities.com, we work with carefully selected vendors and nonaffiliated companies. If we have to share any information with these companies in order to provide a product or service to you, we first conduct a careful evaluation of their information and security systems and practices, and require administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to ensure the security and confidentiality of Center Street Securities, Inc client information. At any time, we may audit these companies to verify the continued security of their systems and practices.
You should be aware that other Internet sites that you link to from the Center Street Securities, Inc site or a Center Street Securities, Inc email may contain privacy provisions that differ from the provisions of our Notice. To ensure your privacy is protected, we recommend that you review the privacy statements of other Internet sites you visit.
Internet Privacy Statement and Email Offers
We may send you email offers for our products and services, and other companies that work with us. However, we do not share email addresses with outside companies for them to market their own products and services to you. To opt out of receiving these email offers, email us.
Information We Collect About You Online
We want you to get the most out of your visits to our website. We may also receive your contact information via a third-party website if you request information about financial products and services on another website.
- To provide our users with online tools, we will ask you for certain contact information when you request information on our services or register for online services and products.
Center Street Securities clients:
- We will ask you for certain personal information if you want to access your Center Street Securities, Inc accounts online or request online services and products so we can provide you with secure online account access or the requested services or products. In some instances, we will need to supplement the information you provided with certain personal information about you obtained from third parties to process your online transaction, such as a credit check when applying for a brokerage margin account. We will maintain information about your account, online account activity, online services and products requested and your usage of our website to help us administer your online account needs and to continually improve your online experience by providing you with customized, relevant information and offers.
How We Use The Information We Collect
Whether you are a new website user or a Center Street Securities, Inc client, we use personal information collected on our website to handle the transactions you initiate. In some instances, we will share your contact information with carefully selected service providers to assist us in processing your online transactions or to deliver the services, products, and marketing you request online. For example, in order to mail you a financial guide you request online, we will supply your contact information to a third-party vendor who will process and mail the guide, and other materials you request on the behalf of Center Street Securities, Inc.
How We Use Your Email Address
We recognize that email can be the preferred mode of communication for some of our website users. If you provide us with your email address when registering for an online service or product or when accessing your account online, we will use it to contact you about online services and products for which you have registered or about your account.
We may use your email address to send you the following types of email messages:
- Service related to your accounts(s)
- Regularly scheduled email newsletters related to Center Street Securities, Inc
- Products or services in which you are enrolled
- Requests for names and contact information of individuals you think could benefit from our products or services
- Optional email communications which you have requested (e.g., newsletters on a selected topic)
- Occasional updates about our products and services as well as Center Street Securities, Inc marketing offers
- Valuable offers from companies that we send you on their behalf
Also, once you have requested information from us, we may communicate with you via email regarding your request to provide additional information related to your initial information request. For example, we may send you materials to help you prepare for an upcoming meeting with a Center Street Securities, Inc representative or advisor. However, we will never ask you to send personal information such as account or Social Security numbers by non-secure email.
To make our email offers more relevant to you, we may use information you provided in your initial transaction with us, in surveys, from information we have about you as a Center Street Securities, Inc client and information available from external sources such as census bureau data.
We do not share your email address with non-affiliated companies for them to market their products or services directly to you. However, we may partner with selected non-affiliated companies to offer certain products or services we believe may be of interest to you.
You may receive email offers from other companies for Center Street Securities, Inc products and services if you registered to receive third-party offers on their website, or if you receive ongoing email newsletters from the other companies that include third-party ads. If you have recently opted out of receiving email offers from Center Street Securities, Inc, we will process and honor your request as soon as administratively possible. In certain circumstances, you may receive email offers for Center Street Securities, Inc products and services from other companies during the time period when we are processing your opt-out request.
To opt-out of receiving offers or email newsletters from other companies, follow the instructions provided by those companies.
Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC)
Customers may obtain information about the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (“SIPC”), including the SIPC Brochure, by contacting SIPC via its website at www.sipc.org or by telephone at (202) 371-8300.
Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Public Disclosure
In accordance with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Investor Education and Protection Rule, we are providing the following information: 1) The FINRA Public Disclosure Hotline telephone number is (800) 289-9999, and 2.) the FINRA website address is www.finra.org. A copy of an investor brochure than includes information concerning the FINRA Public Disclosure Program can be obtained by calling the Public Disclosure Hotline or visiting the FINRA website.
The USA Patriot Act requires broker-dealers such as Center Street Securities, Inc. to collect certain identification information from all customers and verify their identities.